We offer safe and reliable dental services to keep you and your family members healthy. We’re part of the Gretna, NE community, and we want to help our friends and neighbors have beautiful smiles and better dental health.
Click the links below to see how each service can protect you and your family:
- General & Family Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crowns & Bridges
- Teeth Whitening
- Invisalign® Orthodontics
- Root Canal
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Technology
- Sedation Dentistry
- Emergency Dentistry
Have more questions? Call us at Kocian Family Dentistry now, and ask us anything. We focus on friendliness here, so feel free to talk to us any time. We’re happy to help your family members, from toddlers to great-grandparents. See you soon!
General & Family Dentistry
Our office is called Kocian Family Dentistry because we’re happy to see your family members at any age—from the very young to the very elderly. We make it easy for anyone’s young kids to be comfortable with us, and we’re respectful and skilled with treasured elders.
If you’d like a new general dentist, come to the dentist that lives to serve this community. We’ll make you feel comfortable and valued while you enjoy high-quality dentistry services.
What Is General Dentistry?
General dentistry includes regular dental services aimed at keeping you safe from dental problems. The “family” part of our practice reflects the range of ages we treat as well as the atmosphere we create here at our office.
We provide a wide range of services that can help you stay healthy. Each of these services include reliable procedures and technologies, including:
- Biannual Exams: Having a thorough dental checkup twice per year is the main way to keep you safe. Our exams and new handheld x-ray devices help us find any major dental problems so that we can stop them quickly.
- Comfortable Cleanings: Our dental hygienists are skilled at keeping you comfortable while they clean your teeth and gums. These cleanings can prevent bacterial buildup and damage that can contribute to a wide number of oral health problems.
- Extractions: If a tooth has to be pulled, we’ll make quick and easy for you. Your mouth should feel completely better in no time.
- Children’s Dentistry: Dr. Kocian has a gentle way of working with children. He’ll make you comfortable as a parent knowing that your little ones are safe with a trustworthy doctor. He’ll also help them build habits that will keep their teeth sparkling year-round!
- Preventive Care: One of the most important aspects of general dentistry is preventing major dental issues. We can save you a large amount of money by simply stopping dental problems in their tracks, saving you from extractions and other complex services.
Some patients enjoy getting a dental cleaning and having that just-from-the-dentist feeling. Others don’t. But everyone enjoys simple exams and cleanings more than major procedures that could have been prevented through regular care.
That’s why you should make an appointment before any big dental problems develop.
Contact Dr. Kocian for Reliable Family Dentistry
To get trustworthy, proven dentistry for yourself and your family members, call Kocian Family Dentistry today. We welcome all ages to our Gretna, Nebraska office. Feel free to look through our website to learn about all of our services for your cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry needs.
Have you had a lot of pain or anxiety at the dentist before? Or have any of your family members suffered from these troubles? Would you like to get dental care in a totally new way?
Sedation dentistry has helped many, many people to feel totally safe and comfortable at the dentist—sometimes for the first time in their lives. It uses safe and time-tested techniques to relax your body and reduce pain.
Dental services can save you from problems that would affect your entire body—and your general well-being. So, don’t put off a checkup. Contact Dr. Kocian to quickly eliminate dental anxiety. We’re happy to provide you with sedation dentistry for routine checkups or longer procedures.
What Sedation Options Do We Offer?
Imagine effortlessly having calm nerves, muscles, and thoughts at the dentist. Anyone can get into this state with the two sedation options we offer:
- Laughing Gas: For many decades, laughing gas has been used by patients of all ages because it’s so simple and effective. All you do is breathe normally on a tiny device, and you’ll quickly relax and feel happier. After your procedure, the gas will disappear from your system in minutes. It’s very safe, and it works perfectly for most patients.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: This method is easy; just take a pill before your appointment. Someone will need to drive you here because you’ll quickly become very calm. You’ll be conscious, but some patients don’t remember much of their appointment. You’ll even need a ride home because you’ll be amazingly relaxed.
Experiencing sedation dentistry can be an enormous change for many patients. Imagine your anxiety just being gone! What a relief. We’re happy to help any of our patients with this, even for routine exams.
Call Dr. Kocian to Eliminate Anxiety from Dentistry
If you’re done with dental pain and anxiety, ask us about sedation dentistry. Asking is the first step. We’ll be happy to chat with you about it, and there’s no obligation to choose this service.
If you’ve gone for months or years needing dental services, call Kocian Family Dentistry now. We’d love to catch any dental problems before they turn into crises that require major procedures. Contact us for comfortable, high-quality sedation dentistry.
Are you missing a tooth or teeth? We know how frustrating and uncomfortable that can be! You might have trouble eating and talking, and you might not want to smile in family pictures. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a new—and maybe even better—tooth?
We take care of the entire process of dental implants right here at Kocian Family Dentistry. That means it’ll be simple for you. Throughout the process, you’ll come to the same office and work with the same team who understands your needs.
We have years of experience with dental implants. We’re trusted in the Grenta, NE area. If you’re tired of missing a tooth or teeth, contact Dr. Kocian today!
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants may be a totally new concept for you. They’re very different than other dental techniques you know.
What is a dental implant? It’s a titanium tooth root that replaces the root of your missing tooth. Using a safe, time-tested surgical procedure, we’ll place this new root in your jawbone.
We’re excited to offer them to you because they can give you incredible results, including:
- Completing your unique smile and restoring your confidence.
- Allowing you to chew normally, get the nutrition you need, and to relieve strain on your digestive system.
- Stopping your other teeth from moving into a gap left by a missing tooth.
- Fixing your bite and preventing uneven tooth wear.
- Protecting exposed gums from infection and damage.
Your dental implant can hold a new tooth crown to replace a missing tooth. You could also get several implants to support larger appliances, such as dentures. An implant is a great way to support whatever new teeth you need in order to complete your smile!
What Is the Dental Implant Process?
Getting dental implants takes just a few, simple steps:
- Consultation: We’ll examine your dental health, take three-dimensional scans of your mouth, and discuss our recommended options with you.
- Implant Surgery: If you’re an ideal candidate, we’ll schedule you for a surgery to place your new, super-strong titanium tooth root into your jawbone.
- Recovery: You’ll spend some time at home going about your normal life, allowing the tooth root to fuse with your jaw. This takes no special effort on your part. The titanium stimulates the bone’s natural growth and fuses with the bone to provide a secure post.
- Restorative Services: We’ll place your new tooth crown or other appliance on your implant(s). We’ll make sure your new tooth is the right color and looks natural.
Once your tooth is restored, you’ll be able to smile, talk, and clean your teeth like you always have. Plus, you can come back to see Dr. Kocian any time if you need help with your implant.
Call Dr. Kocian for an Implant Consultation
If you’re frustrated with a missing tooth or teeth, contact Kocian Family Dentistry today for a consultation. Don’t let your other teeth start moving or get worn out! We can get you an appointment for the first available consultation slot and discuss your options. Call now.
Crowns & Bridges
Do you have a damaged tooth? A tooth that could look better? Or a missing tooth? Crowns and bridges are practically a new technology today because they’ve improved so much in the last few decades. We can replace or improve a tooth and make it look better than the original!
If you’re in the Gretna, NE area and need tooth repair or a replacement tooth, call Kocian Family Dentistry. We have years of experience in reliably placing crowns and bridges for patients of all ages.
Don’t let a damaged tooth get any worse or a socket get infected! We can prevent more difficult dental problems by quickly getting you a bridge or crown now. Contact us today.
Traditional, Reliable Dental Crowns
What is a dental crown? It is a tooth cap that covers the top and sides of a tooth. It quickly gives you a new chewing surface that lets you chew your favorite foods without any discomfort.
We use a time-honored procedure for creating porcelain crowns for our patients. We use them to:
- Protect and strengthen teeth that are cracked or otherwise damaged.
- Cover and beautify misaligned, discolored, or misshapen teeth.
- Restore your smile if you’ve lost a tooth.
- Stop further damage in decayed teeth.
During your appointment, we’ll take an impression of a damaged tooth and send that to experienced lab technicians. They’ll craft your new crown out of porcelain, which will have the right color and light-reflecting quality to match your other teeth beautifully.
Replacing Teeth with Dental Bridges
Bridges are closely related to crowns. In fact, a bridge is an appliance that holds a new crown for you if you need a replacement tooth. Here’s how it works:
- The bridge securely holds your new tooth in your gap where your tooth is missing.
- The bridge is held in place by being attached to tooth crowns on both sides of the gap, which we will put on your existing teeth for you.
- The bridge can hold multiple new teeth, if needed.
Sound complicated? It’s pretty simple for us, and it’ll be simple for you. We’ll make the procedure pass quickly and comfortably. You’ll be able to chew and smile confidently very soon! Most importantly, your oral and overall health will be better protected.
Call Dr. Kocian for Crowns & Bridges
You might need a tooth protected or replaced—or want to improve a tooth’s aesthetics. We can dramatically and quickly change the look of your smile with crowns and bridges.
Call as soon as you can. We want to make sure you get an appointment with Dr. Kocian, so we can replace, improve, and protect your teeth.
Are you struggling with crooked teeth? As an adult, you probably don’t have time for traditional metal braces. They might get in the way of your work. This can also be the case for teenagers who participate in sports, music, or other extracurricular activities.
Wouldn’t it be amazing to get straighter teeth fast without metal braces? There’s a very different, new method of orthodontics: Invisalign® clear aligners. You can get your crooked teeth or misaligned bite fixed— while avoiding the pain and hassle of metal brackets and wires.
Contact Kocian Family Dentistry today to get an appointment for this popular service. We’ll give you an exam to make sure you’re a good candidate for this treatment. Then, we’ll discuss your options.
What Can Invisalign® Orthodontics Do For You?
Invisalign® treatment can take care of many of the same problems that metal braces can. We use Invisalign® clear aligners to correct:
- Crooked teeth.
- Underbites, overbites, and crossbites.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Crowded teeth.
- And more.
Plus, you can avoid the main things people don’t like about metal braces. That’s because this treatment is:
- Metal-Free: You don’t have to worry about damage to your lips or gums.
- Quick: Compared to traditional braces, clear aligners are very competitive, averaging about a year for excellent results.
- Comfortable: Invisalign® treatment doesn’t ever require sudden and painful tightening. These aligners just apply constant, gentle pressure to teeth.
- Invisible: Because aligners are clear, they shouldn’t interfere with your routine or draw unwanted attention.
- Easy to Use: Anyone can remember to keep their aligners in and just take them out during meals and while brushing and flossing.
Anyone can use Invisalign® clear aligners, from students to busy professionals. Millions of satisfied patients have already done it and love their new smiles!
How Do You Get Started?
Call us for a consultation. If you’re a good candidate for Invisalign® treatment, we’ll take impressions and have the Invisalign® lab create a series of customized aligners just for you. They’ll be planned out to gently move your teeth into the most ideal positions for you.
Every two weeks, you’ll simply put in the next aligners in the series and wear them normally. We’ll also watch your progress and make sure it works perfectly for you. You can be sure we’ll help you get your new, straight smile!
Contact Dr. Kocian for Trusted Invisalign® Care
Contact us to schedule an appointment. Once you begin the Invisalign® process, we’ll stick with you. You’ll have the support you need. We want to help you get stunning straight teeth you’ll be amazingly proud of. Call Kocian Family Dentistry today!
Losing our teeth is one of the struggles of aging. It’s hard to chew, smile, and even speak. That’s why we make it simple and comfortable for our elderly patients to get dentures. You can have a completely new set of strong, durable teeth with dentures in a relatively short time.
Having missing teeth can reduce your overall health and wel-being. You can’t get the nutrition you need or enjoy some of the activities you like. Contact Kocian Family Dentistry today. We’ll give you an exam to discuss options that will rectify this problem as soon as possible.
The Dentures We Offer
We’ve served many satisfied denture patients in the Gretna, NE, area. We’re considered trustworthy because of our years of dental experience and consistent results.
If you want a totally new smile, we have a few types of dentures available. Don’t worry—we’ll make it very easy to know what type will work for you.
- Traditional Dentures: These replace a full row of teeth. They attach to your gums using suction and a safe, approved dental adhesive.
- Custom Dentures: If you have some natural teeth remaining, we can customize dentures that will complete your smile. This can keep your natural teeth healthy for much longer too.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These are an exciting new option. Dentures are attached to several secure dental implants instead of resting on your gums. Some patients love the huge difference this makes in the comfort and reliability of their dentures.
Whatever type of dentures you get, we’ll customize their shape and color to give you a natural-looking, beautiful smile. After years of helping many patients like you, Dr. Kocian can reliably and quickly restore your unique smile!
Get Customized Dentures from Kocian Family Dentistry
We love to help our elderly patients get their teeth back. Contact us, and we’ll help you find the first appointment Dr. Kocian has for denture care. We’re excited to help you get your chewing and speaking abilities completely back—along with a confident, happy smile! Call now.
Do you want an amazing new smile in a short amount of time? Veneers are the secret weapon of famous people, business leaders, and many others. With veneers, anyone can safely make their teeth:
- White and unstained.
- Better spaced.
Without any surgery or orthodontics, you can quickly have the smile of your dreams, and your teeth will still look natural—just the most amazing version of their natural selves!
Do you have an upcoming event or another deadline for needing beautiful teeth? Call Dr. Kocian today to get a dazzling smile as soon as possible.
How Do Veneers Work?
How can we get such surprising cosmetic results so quickly? Here’s how veneers work. We cover up the front of your visible teeth with thin porcelain shells. These are customized perfectly to shape and recolor each tooth.
We use porcelain veneers that are exactly the right color for your natural smile. By covering each tooth, they make that tooth look the best it can. We use veneers to:
- Change the shape of each tooth.
- Make a crooked row of teeth look straight.
- Extend the sides of teeth to cover a gap.
- Disguise cracks, chips, and stains.
The high-quality porcelain we use in veneers should last you for years with normal brushing and flossing. Plus, porcelain reflects light just right, so your veneers look like natural teeth. Well, they’ll look like surprisingly great-looking natural teeth!
If you’re interested in one of the easiest cosmetic dental treatments that has dazzling results, schedule an appointment for veneers. The process goes like this:
- Exam: We check your dental and oral health to make sure you’re a good candidate for veneers.
- Impressions: We take high-speed impressions of your teeth.
- Fabrication: A laboratory will create customized veneers to fit and improve your smile.
- Preparation: We slightly reshape your teeth to get them ready to receive veneers.
- Bonding: We securely and safely bond your veneers to your teeth for the long-term.
It’s easy for patients to take care of veneers. All you have to do is brush and floss as you normally would, and enjoy surprising everyone with a new, gorgeous smile!
Call for Quick Cosmetic Results!
Getting veneers is much quicker than surgery, crowns, or orthodontics. We love providing those other services when they’re appropriate, but if you want fast, dramatic results, contact Dr. Kocian today about veneers.
If you’re suffering intense dental pain, we want to help. We may be able to completely relieve that pain in a single appointment and get you on the road to recovery.
People joke about root canals as if they’re terrifying, but once patients have one, they see that they go by fast. We’ll keep you comfortable throughout your pain-relieving procedure. The immediate relief of dental pain can be such a positive experience that patients can even start to appreciate root canals.
Dental pain can be caused by an infection that could spread to your other teeth any time, which would lead to more difficult, expensive procedures. Schedule an appointment with Kocian Family Dentistry to protect your dental health, along with your bank account.
What Causes Tooth Pain?
Tooth pain often comes from tooth infections in the root canal. That means that a colony of bacteria are growing in the inner chamber of your tooth where sensitive nerves and tissues are. The bacteria might cause a pocket of fluid to gather, putting intense pressure on your nerves.
If you have an infection, you might also have:
- Facial swelling.
- Red or swollen gums.
- A strange, unexplained taste in your mouth.
- Intense tooth pain that won’t stop.
- Pressure in or around a tooth.
- A fever.
Do you have one or more of these symptoms? It’s important to come in for an exam to prevent more dental problems. If you have an infection, we don’t want it to spread or cause irreparable damage to your teeth.
What Are Root Canal Services?
The root canal is the internal chamber of your tooth. In a root canal procedure, Dr. Kocian will clean the infection out of your root canal area. The procedure includes:
- Keeping you safe and comfortable with proven sedation dentistry techniques.
- Cleaning the bacteria and infected tissue out of your root canal.
- Filling the root canal with a sanitary material.
- Sealing and covering the tooth to help you chew with it normally again and protect it from infection.
A root canal can give you tremendous relief in a short time. It’s one of our favorite ways to make our patients feel great and protect their health!
Call Kocian Family Dentistry if You’re in Pain
If you may have a root canal infection, don’t let your tooth get permanently damaged!. Dr. Kocian has performed many root canal procedures. He can relieve your pain and protect your teeth quickly and safely. Call us today for an appointment!
One of the most common cosmetic dentistry needs our patients have is whitening, and it’s one of the simplest fixes. Anyone can sit back during our professional teeth whitening services and let the whitening gel work.
Are you worried that whitening is complicated? We’ll keep it extremely simple and make sure you’re comfortable during your treatment. We can have your teeth about 10 shades whiter in just an hour or two! Imagine the confidence that’ll give you. You won’t be able to help smiling more!
Whiten Here or at Home
To make sure your teeth get as white as possible and stay that way, we’ll clean your teeth using our proven techniques. Then you can either whiten them in the office or take a whitening kit home.
Here’s what each option involves:
- In-Office Whitening: Our professional Zoom! whitening treatments can whiten your teeth by up to 10 shades. You’ll sit comfortably for 45-minute treatments, and we’ll make sure the whitening tray and gel is positioned exactly right for maximum effectiveness.
- Take-Home Whitening: You can relax and enjoy your favorite show at home while you get your teeth whiter! We’ll explain the exact process to make your take-home kit work. We’ll help you feel very comfortable and confident with it.
Either option will be superior to a whitening kit that you grab off the shelf at a drugstore. Plus, we’ll be helping you. We’ll be responsible for the whitening treatment working as well as it can.
Schedule Effective Whitening for Dazzling Teeth!
If you’re getting ready for a big event like a wedding, a job promotion, a date, or anything else that requires a great smile, ask us about our whitening options. You can get dramatic, exciting results in just an hour or two. Contact Kocian Family Dentistry today!
What is sleep apnea? Do you have it? If you do, it means that your breathing is being interrupted many, many times every night. That cuts off oxygen to your body over and over again, disrupting your much-needed rest.
Sleep apnea is often accompanied by loud snoring. Have you or your loved ones noticed your snoring increasing lately? Your throat and oral tissues might be pressing together more than they used to, cutting off your air supply.
Are you getting less oxygen every night and having your restful sleep taken away? Those can both be very bad for your health—even dangerous. That means, if you have sleep apnea, it needs to be treated quickly.
We have fast, easy ways of treating sleep apnea at Kocian Family Dentistry. Look over the signs of sleep apnea below. Then call us to get better rest.
The Dangers of Sleep Apnea
Oxygen deprivation and poor sleep can lead to many problems that affect your everyday life and work. These problems can include:
- Falling asleep on the job or while driving.
- Poor memory.
- Extreme, unexplained mood swings.
- Loud snoring.
- Trembling muscles.
- Weight gain.
There are also larger health effects that stem from the loss of oxygen every night, which can include:
- High blood pressure.
- Heart problems.
Have you experienced one or several of these signs recently? Have they gotten worse or even harder to manage? Then you might need a solution that will protect your body, life, and loved ones.
Dentists Can Treat Sleep Apnea?
CPAP machines and other sleep apnea treatments work wonderfully. We’d also like to offer another solution that could work wonders for you. It’s easier to use than a CPAP machine and doesn’t require any lifestyle changes.
After an exam, we may find that a simple oral appliance is all you need. Your sleep apnea may be caused by your jaw position, which could be pressing the tissues in your throat together to block your airway.
Your sleep apnea could be completely corrected the very first time you put in your customized oral appliance— as long as you keep using it. It’s easy for anyone to pop in an oral appliance every night. Imagine being well-rested and alert once again!
Get Sleep Apnea Treatment from Dr. Kocian
Are you tired all the time? Don’t risk heart problems or falling asleep while driving. Check if you have any of the signs of sleep apnea above, and call us today for a consultation.
If you’re suffering from migraines or other pains linked to jaw joint problems, it can disrupt everything in your life. Many of our patients weren’t able to concentrate because of the pain before we helped them.
TMD (temporomandibular disorder) can cause:
- Your jaw to click or lock.
- Migraines or headaches.
- Uneven wearing of your teeth.
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Sore jaw muscles.
- Pain in the face, neck, or shoulders.
We have several methods that can give you complete relief from these symptoms. They could work extremely quickly. Imagine having no more pain! We want that for you. Please call Kocian Family Dentistry today to get the help you need.
Causes of TMD
Your temporomandibular joints (jaw joints) can be damaged or worn out for reasons that include:
- An accident that damaged your teeth or jaws.
- Bite alignment issues that strain your muscles and joints.
- Excessive chewing.
- Teeth clenching.
- Grinding of the teeth.
- Postural problems.
- Other issues.
If you’ve been living with the symptoms of TMD, you need a dental exam to find out if we can relieve your pain quickly. Your teeth, joints, and muscles may be suffering damage every day, but we can stop it and help your TMJ heal.
How Do We Treat TMD?
TMD treatments involve safe, fast ways of relieving the strain and stress on your teeth, muscles, and jaws. That can lead to:
- Your muscles and joints getting time to heal.
- Elimination of painful muscle spasms.
- Better bite alignment.
- Less teeth grinding or clenching.
We use three main treatments for TMD, depending on the situation. We’ll find the right one for you after an exam and a state-of-the-art scan. They’re simple to add to your daily routine. Anyone can use them.
The treatments include:
- Mouthguards: A customized oral appliance can help your teeth to align better, which relieves strain on your jaw joints and muscles.
- Dental Splits: A splint is another type of mouth guard. It’s usually made of a clear material. It can help prevent grinding of the teeth and related muscular strain or tension.
- Botox: Because Botox injections relax facial muscles, they can relieve the spasms that lead to certain types of TMD pain.
It’ll be easy for you to use any of these options, but the results could be dramatic. We may be able to offer complete relief from your painful symptoms.
Call Kocian Family Dentistry for TMD Treatment
If you’re suffering from migraines and other TMD-related pains, you need and deserve relief. TMD might even be causing damage to your teeth and your health. Please contact Kocian Family Dentistry today for an appointment.
Has one of your teeth been damaged in an accident? Do you have unexplained tooth pain? Do you have problems with your wisdom teeth? Dr. Kocian can help you with a dental extraction.
If this is an emergency, call Kocian Family Dentistry immediately and tell us you need quick help. We’ll find you the first appointment we can. Dr. Kocian will quickly assess your tooth to decide if we can save your tooth or if it must be extracted.
We’ve been doing this for years, and Dr. Kocian has a lot of experience with extractions. He’s trusted by many patients in the Gretna, NE area who’ve experienced his extraction services. Call today to schedule a consultation for your problem tooth.
Do You Need an Extraction?
If you have experienced any of the following situations, you may need an extraction:
- An Accident: Have you been in an accident that damaged your teeth? If a tooth is beyond repair, having it extracted may be the healthiest option.
- An Impacted Tooth: A tooth is impacted if it’s growing in and is stuck under a bone, a different tooth, or your gums.
- Infection or Decay: A bacterial infection can sometimes damage a tooth so much that it has to come out. Only a replacement tooth can restore it.
- Wisdom Teeth Problems: Dr. Kocian will evaluate your wisdom teeth growth and recommend either extraction or another option to protect your dental health.
- Crowding: This condition is caused by growing teeth that push on other teeth or even damage them. Sometimes one or more teeth must be extracted to prevent further damage.
In these and other situations, an extraction might be your only option to protect your oral health. Dr. Kocian will get you through the problem quickly to relieve your pain. We’ll keep you comfortable and safe during the procedure.
Call Dr. Kocian for a Safe, Fast Extraction
When extraction is the only option, we’ll find you or your family member an appointment quickly. You can trust Dr. Kocian. He cares about small-town folks because he’s one himself.
Don’t let an infection or dental problem spread. Call Kocian Family Dentistry for an appointment now.
If you have a dental emergency, contact Kocian Family Dentistry now. We’ll try to find you an appointment for you to visit us today! We could relieve your pain and repair your tooth or teeth by the end of the day.
If you’re calling after hours, we may still be able to find an appointment for you. After our regular business hours, we’ll work with you on a case-by-case basis to help you through your emergency.
We may also be able to give you some tips over the phone. There are things you can do to save a tooth that is damaged or knocked out—or at least to improve your chances of protecting your health.
You may have only minutes or hours to be able to keep your natural tooth, so call Dr. Kocian now. We could completely relieve your pain and restore your tooth to be as good as new!
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Any dental pain may be an emergency, along with any frightening damage to your teeth. We know it can also be stressful, especially when you see it happening to your loved ones!
Even if you have a constant low-grade pain in a tooth, that could turn into an emergency. It could be an infection. It has to be treated before it spreads.
Below are a few of the main types of emergencies we treat. You may have a tooth that is:
- Knocked Out: If you’ve had an accident that knocked out a tooth, call immediately. Sometimes, Dr. Kocian can put a tooth back in, if the patient gets here in time.
- Loose: If a permanent (adult) tooth is loose, there’s usually a serious problem. Dr. Kocian may be able to stop it from falling out.
- Painful: You shouldn’t try to tough out tooth pain. It could be telling you that bacteria are growing, which could spread and destroy the walls of your teeth. If the problem is caught in time, we could save the tooth from extraction.
- Broken or Chipped: When a tooth gets damaged, you can save any pieces of it that you can find and bring them to Dr. Kocian. The tooth might be repairable!
Whatever your emergency, Kocian Family Dentistry is here to help!
Call Kocian Family Dentistry for Emergency Dentistry
If you have an emergency, we’ll take your call and let you know what your options are. We’re always ready to help our friends and neighbors in the Gretna, NE area. We may even be able to work out an appointment after hours! Contact Dr. Kocian now.
We’re a friendly, small-town practice here at Kocian Family Dentistry, but we use state-of-the-art dental technology. We want to serve our Gretna-area patients as well as possible. That’s why we buy and train with the latest devices. These devices can:
- Keep you very comfortable during scans and exams.
- Help you heal up more quickly after certain procedures.
- Improve diagnoses and lead us to the right treatments for you.
- Show you your teeth, gums, and bones better than ever.
- Keep you safe during long services.
- Get you back to your day faster.
Of course, excellent technology doesn’t ask anything of you. You can sit and relax while we use amazing advances in science to care for your teeth.
Below are some examples of these technologies.
Lasers use concentrated light to quickly and comfortably:
- Get rid of gum infections.
- Change the shape of a gum line, if needed.
- Help new, healthy gum tissue grow.
- Fight and destroy oral ulcers.
- Release a child’s tongue or lip that can’t move well. This is a quick surgery that the child hardly even notices because it’s almost totally pain-free.
Dental lasers help us offer the most comfortable, effective procedures possible right here in Gretna!
The NOMAD is a new way to take x-rays. We have hand-held units that are easy to move. We can take x-rays of your teeth and jaws very quickly with them.
You’ll be able to see the images on a computer screen right away, and we’ll put the device away in no time. The NOMAD uses a very small amount of radiation, which is safe for family members of all ages.
Our CBCT scanner can quickly make a 3-D model of your teeth, jaws, throat, and so on. Your dentist will be able to plan services more accurately with the 3-D model produced. This will get you ready for successful procedures, such as dental implants and many others.
This will be easy for you. All you do is stand while it moves around you. It won’t touch any part of you, but it’ll produce amazing results!
Many practices don’t have this amazing technology available in their offices. This is just one more reason to choose our office for your procedures!
Computers & TVs in All Operatories
To make your procedures and surgeries very safe, we have computers and TVs set up in every work area. During services, they show our staff your:
- 3-D scans.
- Dental photos.
- Health history and other data.
These displays keep us organized and on-task while we’re working on you, ensuring we have all the information we need to maintain your health and safety.
Contact Kocian Family Dentistry For High-Quality Dentistry
Dr. Kocian is highly trusted in the Gretna area. He gets consistent, reliable results because of his years of experience and current dental technology.
To get the cosmetic, emergency, general, and restorative dentistry you need, call Kocian Family Dentistry today. We’re excited to learn about your needs and show you how we can help!
Everything we do is focused on keeping your teeth and gums healthy, but what about making them look nice? We do that too! We can use cosmetic dentistry to make your smile dazzling in completely new ways.
Do you need your teeth to be straighter, whiter, or shaped better? Do you need to upgrade your smile for a special occasion—or simply for a better quality of life? Call Kocian Family Dentistry to get fast, dramatic results with the cosmetic services below.
Get ready for a special event or a new job. We can whiten your teeth by up to 10 shades. We’ll position the whitening tray just right, and you can sit and relax while the formula works to whiten your teeth. You can also take a kit home with you and enjoy your whitening treatment while sitting on your couch.
Porcelain veneers bond to the front of your teeth. That means we can make your teeth look any way you’d like: white, undamaged, straight. We can cover gaps, cracks, and stains. Let us know about your goals for your new smile!
Dental Crowns & Bridges
Crowns and bridges repair and strengthen teeth, covering cosmetic problems. Bridges can even fill in an empty socket. Get your confidence back by repairing and completing your smile!
Having crooked teeth is a very common complaint, but many patients don’t like the look of metal braces. Instead, get clear aligners that gradually move your teeth to make them into a straight and stunning new smile!
Are you missing a tooth? Do you want to hide the socket? A dental implant permanently fuses to your jaw, becoming a strong, functional, confidence-boosting part of your smile.
Are you missing some or all of your teeth? Dr. Kocian would love to give you back your ability to smile, eat, talk, and socialize with confidence. Ask about full, partial, or implant-supported dentures.
Contact Dr. Kocian for a New Smile!
The beautiful smile you’ve always wanted could be right around the corner. If your smile has been damaged by a cavity or another problem, we can fix it. Just contact Kocian Family Dentistry today!