If you’re suffering from migraines or other pains linked to jaw joint problems, it can disrupt everything in your life. Many of our patients weren’t able to concentrate because of the pain before we helped them.
TMD (temporomandibular disorder) can cause:
- Your jaw to click or lock.
- Migraines or headaches.
- Uneven wearing of your teeth.
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Sore jaw muscles.
- Pain in the face, neck, or shoulders.
We have several methods that can give you complete relief from these symptoms. They could work extremely quickly. Imagine having no more pain! We want that for you. Please call Kocian Family Dentistry today to get the help you need.
Causes of TMD
Your temporomandibular joints (jaw joints) can be damaged or worn out for reasons that include:
- An accident that damaged your teeth or jaws.
- Bite alignment issues that strain your muscles and joints.
- Excessive chewing.
- Teeth clenching.
- Grinding of the teeth.
- Postural problems.
- Other issues.
If you’ve been living with the symptoms of TMD, you need a dental exam to find out if we can relieve your pain quickly. Your teeth, joints, and muscles may be suffering damage every day, but we can stop it and help your TMJ heal.
How Do We Treat TMD?
TMD treatments involve safe, fast ways of relieving the strain and stress on your teeth, muscles, and jaws. That can lead to:
- Your muscles and joints getting time to heal.
- Elimination of painful muscle spasms.
- Better bite alignment.
- Less teeth grinding or clenching.
We use three main treatments for TMD, depending on the situation. We’ll find the right one for you after an exam and a state-of-the-art scan. They’re simple to add to your daily routine. Anyone can use them.
The treatments include:
- Mouthguards: A customized oral appliance can help your teeth to align better, which relieves strain on your jaw joints and muscles.
- Dental Splits: A splint is another type of mouth guard. It’s usually made of a clear material. It can help prevent grinding of the teeth and related muscular strain or tension.
- Botox: Because Botox injections relax facial muscles, they can relieve the spasms that lead to certain types of TMD pain.
It’ll be easy for you to use any of these options, but the results could be dramatic. We may be able to offer complete relief from your painful symptoms.
Call Kocian Family Dentistry for TMD Treatment
If you’re suffering from migraines and other TMD-related pains, you need and deserve relief. TMD might even be causing damage to your teeth and your health. Please contact Kocian Family Dentistry today for an appointment.